Handheld Group, the manufacturer of rugged mobile computers, has announced the release of the all-new Algiz 10XR, an ultra-rugged 10-inch Windows tablet that it says combines durability with robust field performance, 5G and future-proof features.
It describes the Algiz 10XR as a smaller, lighter, 10-inch Windows tablet that achieves more even while taking up less space. It brings two times better graphics and measurably faster performance. Future-proof 5G communication can handle live video streams and bandwidth-heavy tasks like mapping. The Algiz 10XR was developed for field work or other challenging environments within logistics, mining, public transport, public safety, waste management or GIS and has also been designed with modulisation and customisation in mind.
Other key features of the Algiz 10XR ultra-rugged tablet:
- Intel Elkhart Lake x6000 platform for reliable performance
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (64bit)
- High-resolution, sunlight-readable 10-inch touchscreen with super-hardened glass and rain-and-glove mode
- Future-proof 5G capabilities, 4G/LTE high-speed data, Wi-Fi, BT
- Dedicated multiband GNSS u-blox NEO-M8U receiver for accurate positioning.
- Untethered dead reckoning (UDR) to provide accurate positioning performance under even weak GNSS conditions.
- IP65 and MIL-STD ruggedness
- Full-day, hot-swappable battery
- Optional, integrated barcode scanner and NFC
- A broad ecosystem of accessories for field professionals; carry cases, vehicle cradles, pole mounts, extended batteries, as well as a vehicle dock with antenna pass-through for both GPS and Wi-Fi
- Possibility for customised extensions via backpack
“The Algiz 10XR will bring some great performance gains for our partners and customers who rely on Windows tablets in the field,” says Johan Hed, Handheld chief product officer. “We’ve worked with this segment for decades now and are confident that we’ve developed a device with not only great specs, but a complete accessory package to help our customers with their fieldwork.”